Mandatory Trainings for all staff and faculty
What is mandatory compliance training?
State and federal regulations require that all school district employees complete mandatory compliance training every year on a variety of topics. The list of required topics has been
- Sexual Harassment
- Blood-borne Pathogens
- School Safety
- Annual Policy Review
- Dignity for All Students & Code of Conduct
- Student Data Privacy (NY State Ed Law Section 2-d)
- Child Abuse in the Educational Setting
The compliance training associated with these topics is intended to provide employees with information to promote a safe and healthy work environment.
GCN provides online training tutorials that employees can complete using any computer that has an internet connection, internal or external speakers, and the latest version of Adobe Macromedia Flashplayer™. Employees will log onto the GCN website and complete the required training tutorials according to the deadlines established by the Office of Human Resources. The time needed to complete each online tutorial varies from 5 to 40 minutes, and employees may complete the required tutorials in one session or in separate sessions.
What are the steps for logging on to the GCN website to complete the compliance training?
The first time you log into the GCN website, you will need to follow these steps to create a unique user ID:
- Go to http://site.gcntraining.com/
- Click "LOGIN"
- Enter the organization code t69417 (you will need to enter this organization code each time you login)
- If you are a new user, click the orange button and follow the instructions. Returning users, enter your User ID
- New users will be asked to verify their job title and department
- Use the drop-down menu to select the tutorial to be completed and follow the directions on the screen.
The next time you log onto the GCN website, you will only need to enter the organization code for HCSD (23595) and your unique user ID.
Contact the Office of Human Resources
with any questions: 631-9406