- Public Schools of the Tarrytowns
Dear TUFSD Families and Staff,
I am writing today to provide you with some additional information, as well as some reminders related to our extended closure and steps we are taking as a district and community to mitigate the impact of COVID-19. I expect that there will be many additional actions and communications needed as we adjust to the changing guidance and clinical directives.
All District buildings, including the District Office, as well as our fields and playgrounds will be closed to the public beginning tomorrow, Wednesday, March 18, 2020 and extending through March 31, 2020. This does not apply to the “grab and go” meal pickup and the Chromebook distribution which are scheduled to begin tomorrow. All District staff will be accessible through email while the buildings are closed. A directory of staff email addresses can be found on our website at TUFSD.org.
These additional actions are being taken in support of the concept of social distancing which has proven effective in slowing the spread of this virus. Please click on this link which provides a simple and informative list of actions or inactions which support social distancing.
Below please find a list of updates and reminders which you might find helpful:
- Building Closures: March 18th - March 31st: All District buildings, playgrounds, and fields closed to the public.
- Student Food Distribution:March 18th - March 31st: Breakfast and lunch “grab and go” pickup begins for all school and preschool age students who reside in the District. This will occur Monday through Friday, between the hours or 10:00AM and 1:00PM in front of Sleepy Hollow Middle School.
- Chromebook Distribution: March 18th: Distribution of loaner Chromebooks to students is scheduled from 10:00AM-1:00PM in front of Sleepy Hollow Middle School
- Superintendent's Conference Day: March 18th: Faculty and staff will participate in a “virtual” Superintendent’s Conference Day in final preparation for Learning from Home.
- Principal Communications: March 18th: Buildings principals will communicate with their families regarding the building specific plans for Learning from Home.
- Teacher Communications: March 19th: Teachers will communicate with students/families regarding specific details for Learning from Home in their classes.
- Learning from Home: March 20th: Learning from Home activities and instruction begin for students.
- Board Meeting and Budget Work Session: March 19th and March 21st: The Board Meeting scheduled for this Thursday, March 19th is postponed until next Thursday, March 26th. Our expectation is that this meeting will be conducted “virtually”. Details will follow. The Budget Work Session scheduled for this Saturday, March 21st has been canceled.
I realize we are all trying to process a great deal of information in a stressful and difficult time, and I hope the reiteration and summary of this information is helpful as you plan for the coming days. Have confidence that the faculty, staff, and administration will be here partnering with you in support of your children and flexibly adjusting as needed.