- Public Schools of the Tarrytowns
Dear TUFSD Families and Staff,
Governor Andrew Cuomo and the NY State Division of the Budget are predicting a $10-15 billion dollar shortfall in anticipated state revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Governor has warned that, without more assistance from the federal government, the result could be a twenty percent or greater reduction in state aid to New York school districts and also significant decreases to aid for municipalities. This massive reduction in funding would have a devastating impact upon the Public Schools of the Tarrytowns.
I urge you to have your voice heard on this critical issue. Please contact our representatives in Congress to tell them that Washington must deliver more financial support to ensure that New York State can continue to support public education and numerous other essential services within our community. To make the process as seamless as possible, we are providing you with a link to a letter that can be emailed to our Senators and Representative. It takes about one minute. You will also find their phone numbers should you want to contact their offices.
When you contact you may want to highlight the points found below:
- Please support the bi-partisan proposal to deliver $500 billion in federal aid to states, local governments, and public schools.
- The costs associated with recovery from the pandemic for the Public Schools of the Tarrytowns and all New York State school districts will be significant. Some of examples of these costs include:
- Additional academic supports to assist students as a result of pandemic related academic disruptions
- Increased need for student mental health services
- Adherence to numerous additional health, safety, and sanitary protocols
- Restructured class and transportation scheduling to support social distancing
- Support of any and all additional federal aid to New York State and our schools is critically important as we progress through this pandemic and work toward recovery.
Below you will find the aforementioned options to share your concerns with our representatives in Congress:
Click on the link below to send an email using the Westchester/Putnam School Boards Association’s Voter Voice:
You can make a phone call to their offices at the numbers listed below:
Congresswoman Nita Lowey: (914) 428-1707
Senator Charles Schumer: (518) 431-4070
Senator Kristen Gillibrand (518) 431-0120
Thank you in advance for your support of our schools..
Christopher Borsari Mimi Godwin
Superintendent of Schools President, Board of Education