- Public Schools of the Tarrytowns
Message from the Superintendent - Mandatory COVID Testing Update
November 23, 2020
Dear Families and Staff,
As I shared in my letter on Saturday, as a school district in a designated Yellow Zone, we are required to administer bi-weekly COVID screening tests to 20% of in-person students and staff. These SARS-CoV-2 rapid antigen tests will be provided to the District by the Westchester County Department of Health and are conducted using a simple nasal swab which will provide results in fifteen minutes.
Over the past few days, we have been clarifying the testing requirements and scheduling of our testing plan. The first requirement is that parents complete the consent for testing form, which can be accessed at this form link. It is very important that we receive a high response rate for testing in order for our schools to remain open and ask that you complete this form immediately. We will randomly select the initial 20% of students to be tested from those who have submitted the consent form.
We will conduct testing for students in Cohort A and staff on Monday, November 30, 2020 and for students in Cohort B on Thursday, December 3, 2020. In order to facilitate this testing, all schools will operate on a two- or three-hour delay schedule on each testing day. Once determined, information on the exact schedule will be provided in the coming days. On Friday, November 27, 2020 students and staff selected for testing will receive an appointment notification outlining the time and location for their testing along with any additional pertinent information. Students and staff who do not receive an appointment notification were not randomly selected to participate in the initial round of testing, and will report to school according to the two- or three-hour delay schedule.
Below you will find a summary of the key dates and information regarding COVID testing and the reopening of in-person hybrid instruction:
- November 23, 2020: Testing procedures letter and parental consent form sent to families and staff
- November 27, 2020: Appointment notifications sent to students and staff randomly selected for COVID testing
- November 30, 2020: In-person hybrid instruction resumes for Cohort A. Two- or three-hour delayed opening schedule for all students. Cohort A students and staff members who have testing appointments report at their assigned time and location.
- December 3, 2020: In-person hybrid instruction resumes for Cohort B. Two- or three-hour delayed opening for all students. Cohort B students who have testing appointments report at their assigned time and location.
Again, please complete and submit the consent for testing form as quickly as possible so we can ensure our compliance with the 20% testing mandate for our schools to remain open. As always, we appreciate your continued flexibility and support. On behalf of the faculty and staff of the Public Schools of the Tarrytowns, I want to wish you and your families a happy and healthy Thanksgiving.
23 de noviembre de 2020